Nestled in the rolling Chiltern Hills in close proximity to the M40, Garsington Studios are an outstanding new multi-purpose resource for rehearsals, recordings, filming, events and meetings.
Rehearsals and Recordings
The Studios were purposely built for music recordings and rehearsals. They’ve been acoustically optimised, feature raised gallery walkways and benefit from both natural light and the space to bring in scenery, lighting rigs and other technical kit. Two studios are the same size as the Opera Pavilion stage, whilst a third features a dance floor and mirror wall for movement rehearsals. Ancillary rooms include coaching, practice, production, company and wardrobe spaces, and a loading bay allows easy deliveries to all three major studios.
Filming and Location Support
Sitting in a quiet, yet exceptionally convenient location on the Wormsley estate, this area is already well known as a great location. The new Studios are themselves ideal for filming, but also offer the flexibility to act as a cast and crew support area, or an inclement-weather alternative to the stunning outdoor locations on offer at Wormsley. We can also support with accommodation, catering and transportation needs.
Meetings and Conferences
Enjoy a breath of fresh air and stunning views, as you host your team away day just 40 minutes away from London. Our valley location in the Chiltern Hills provides the perfect setting for bringing people together to refresh and focus the mind. Our flexible spaces mean we can host conferences for hundreds, or intimate meetings for just a few people. We can support you with catering, accommodation and transport, and even workshops that take full advantage of Garsington Opera’s skills. The whole building features excellent WiFi and we can provide car parking with electric vehicle charging points available.
Garsington Opera is known for the detail and quality of its artistic output – just imagine the kind of event we could host for you in our prestigious new Studios. Architecturally stunning, the building itself is a real talking point and our links to entertainment and hospitality services mean we can create a very special and customised event for you. Even better, hosting your event with us directly contributes to supporting our charitable and artistic mission, helping people from all backgrounds to connect with our work and their own potential.
Explore Our Spaces
As you step across the landscaped terrace towards the entrance, Garsington Studios, at first glance, appear to be part of a charming Chilterns courtyard of farm buildings. But there’s so much more to see when you step across the threshold.
Designed as a multipurpose space, the Studios have been built sympathetically to their surroundings in the rolling Chiltern Hills. With sustainability and practicality in mind, alongside beautiful design, we are creating an important hub for art and culture in Buckinghamshire.
Garsington Studios features:
- Two large triple-height (8.5m) studios with galleries for technical alterations/viewing without interruption. One studio has retractable bench seating for 200+ people. Each studio is 23m x 15m – the same size as our opera pavilion stage
- a third double-height (5.5m) studio with dual aspect windows, a sprung dance floor and mirror wall (16m x 10m)
- several adjoining smaller rooms for production offices (to ground and first floor)
- five practice/coaching rooms
- wigs, wardrobe and fitting/dressing rooms
- high-speed Wi-Fi and data connectivity across the whole site.
- on-site accommodation in a separate farmhouse and adjoining cottage
- parking for 70 cars, including EV charging points
- south-facing courtyard for relaxation, surrounded by beautiful countryside and ancient woodland
- loading dock to enable easy level-access and delivery of scenery and equipment to all three studios
- commercial-style kitchen, available for dry hire and smaller kitchenettes for personal use
- café/green room seating 100
Location and Surroundings
- Quiet and secure location on the Wormsley estate, within minutes from the M40, J5
- 40 mins from West London.
- Nearest train station: High Wycombe (20 mins) with frequent 25 minute trains to central London
- 30 minutes from Oxford
- Links to a wide range of accommodation offer, with some rooms available on site in our farmhouse and adjoining cottage
Because Garsington Studios should be enjoyed by all, we’ve ensured the space is a physically accessible and welcoming building.
- A lift to all floors, with wide doors and corridors
- a range of furniture to accommodate different needs
- accessible toilets on all floors including a Changing Places bathroom with hoist and changing bed
- level access from car park to building with accessible spaces.
The Studios enable us to increase our work with local schools, young people and the wider community from all backgrounds, but are also available for other local arts charities.
- On target to achieve a Very Good BREEAM rating (Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Methodology) and an Excellent rating for water efficiency
- the surface water drainage strategy includes green roofs over the two main Studios, pervious paving, swales and soakaways discharging by infiltration
- efficient air source heat pumps and low energy ventilation solutions
- electric car charging points in the parking area
- detailed Ecological Mitigation, Compensation and Enhancement Strategy, taking into account the natural world, biodiversity and nature which surrounds the site.